WE continued editing today, this time going back to the project in which we added our own audio over an animation. I was able to add lots of different sound effects today, as well as sync up some pieces of audio. I also downloaded some more effects to use later on.
Earlier on in the day we learned how to properly reference things as well as learning where to look in books and on the web to find the right things to reference.
Today we focused on researching for a side task that we are doing. We had to gather extracts from magazines and books and add them to short essay’s we had done earlier, we also needed to gather some pictures. The essay was comparing two products so the extracts and images had to be related to them.
Today I used the sound effects to ‘dub’ over an animation that I found off of Youtube. I had to see what effects matched the scene and then cut and make them the right size for the scene. It was a little difficult but after a while I got the hang of it. We used Logic Pro for this segment. One of the hardest things about this task was syncing up audio and video as you had to be quite precise to get it to sound right.
I took a brief break from my work over the weekend as I do not have Premiere Pro on my home computer, therefore I could not edit anything for my welcome video. These breaks will continue to happen until I get a copy of Adobe Premiere Pro on my computer, or a task that I will be able to accomplish with the software that I currently have on my home computer.
Today we continued on with the video editing. We were moving the sections of video into place in order to get ready for the addition of audio.
I ran into a number of problems, I had trouble using the razor tool and the Mac I was using for editing started pinwheeling on a number of occasions. This lead to less work being accomplished then I would have liked.
Overall I was still happy with my progress, I have begun sorting the clips into an order that I think makes sense. The problems were resolved quickly (unfortunately with a restart which lead to an amount of progress being lost) and I’ve gotten to the point where I could begin adding audio if I so wished.
Today I started to edit the video and audio for the ‘Welcome’ video. We used Adobe Premiere Pro and learned how to use various tools such as the razor tool. It was sometimes difficult to tell which video segment was supposed to be first in the order but skimming through the segment would usually reveal whether it was meant to be used or not.
Over all I thought it was good fun, it took a bit of time to get used to the way Premiere works but I think I’ve got the hang of it and look forward to using it in the future.