Short Film Audio Evaluation
For this project we had to take audio from our Genre Film and use the program Audacity, to edit the audio, making it clearer or distorting it as necessary, this is my evaluation on that project.
I decided to edit Stephans audio for my film as he had been quite quiet throughout the film, so I removed background noise to make him more clear and then raised the volume of his audio track, however this didn’t help much as Steven had been so quiet that even with all of these changes you could still barely hear him.
Another thing I decided to do was to ad music over my track. This helped to keep the movie from being boring. Luckily I didn’t need to open the music track in audacity as there was nothing that really needed to be fixed about it. The only thing I needed to do was to open the music track in Premiere Pro and then lower and raise the volume using key-frames as appropriate, though there were moments when the audio was still a little too loud.
I think that the editing of Stephan’s audio went well because even if I wasn’t able to fix it entirely, it did teach me what I needed to do in the event that some audio needed adjusting. If there were anything that needed to be improved then I would say that it would be Stephan’s audio, from the film, as even with all the editing I did I was unable to make his audio clear. This meant that no matter what I did, you wouldn’t have been able to hear Stephan in the film.
Overall I think that my Audio editing went quite well, even if it didn’t turn out as well as it could have because I was able to learn quite a bit about how to edit audio and what to do if there is audio that needs cleaning up. So overall I think the project was very helpful.