We had to pitch our proposals in front of a panel that consisted of our teachers, some year 2 students and the some teachers from other departments. We had to go over what our idea was, what techniques we were going to use and how we were going to implement things that we had learned during our time on the course into our project. I explained the montage video that I wanted to make, and went into detail about some of the different shots that I wanted to use and how I was going to capture them. Overall the panel was happy with my proposal and gave me the green light to start work on it. (Work which I had actually already started as I had a number of the shots I needed before the pitch)
Girl in the Pool was a task that was designed to get us used to using Logic Pro X. For the assignment we had to sync audio to a short horror film about a girl swimming in a pool. This proved to be somewhat challenging, I had synced audio before in Premiere Pro, but I had never used Logic before and so a lot of the options and settings were difficult to learn. Audio levels were managed in a completely different way than in Premiere. This made it a bit difficult when switching between the two on different projects. We also only had one session a week dedicated to learning Logic, which really wasn’t enough time for the amount that there is to learn in that program.
I think overall my GitP project turned out quite well, I was able to sync most of the sound I put in quite well and was able to add fade in and outs so the sound wasn’t so abruptly cut. I didn’t get to try and change the audio depending on the direction unfortunatly, so that is something that I would like to try at some point in the future.
We had to hold a presentation, presenting our work to the other groups. Out of all of the groups I believe that ours had the largest presentation, though there was another group with an impressive paper display that may have trumped ours. Overall I think my presentation made up the majority of our powerpoint, though some of the others did go into a bit more depth in their repsective fields.
The audience thought that I was a very clear speaker and that I did well projecting my voice. However there were some who felt that I missed some information when reading out, others felt that my presentation was too long and got a little boring. I personally noticed that I tripped up in a few places while reading and would like to improve this for the next time that I will be forced to stand in front of other people and speak.
We were given an assignment where we had to research London Gangsters from the 60’s for a film collaberation with Queinten Tarentino. We had the choice to work in groups or on our own. I chose to work in a group, with 4 other people.
For my part in the project, I decided to focus on the Great Train Robbery of 1963. I looked into each of the robbers involved in the heist and asked the questions ‘Who were the Robbers’ and ‘What happened to them after the Robbery’
Finding information on the robbers proved to be quite difficult, a lot of the sites I visited had long since gone offline and some of them even went offline just days after I had visited. Luckily I was able to gather the information I needed as well as the Harvard References.