For my FMP I needed to record some audio, as I planned to have a voiceover accompany my video, this was because I am creating a movie trailer parody. And trailers tend to have a narrator give us a basic idea of what the movie is going to be about.
I had a little bit of trouble finding a room to record my audio in, however I got lucky as someone in my class had taken out a small room for the day, and as it turned out, they were unable to use it due to their headphones not working. This meant that I was able to use the room to record my audio, getting it ready much sooner than I had initially anticipated.
When I listened to my recordings, I found that the audio was mostly clear, though in a few places it seemed to get a bit muffled. This wasn’t a massive problem in of itself, as the audio of the time would have had similar issues and I can edit the audio files themselves to make my voice clearer if need be. The main problem that I have to contend with is that my voice doesn’t really match the style of narration that was common in the 50’s and 60’s. In order to try and emulate that style, I’ll have to heavily edit the audio recordings, it should be possible, but audio has always been my weakpoint when it comes to making films and I worry that it will be quite time consuming.