Today I continued with my Star Wars project, I made some amendments to the summary. and then shared it with my team, they also made some changes and we started to discuss the direction we wanted the game to go.
Two of my team members were unavailable, so they were unable to make any additions to the document and weren’t able to provide feedback. Which was a shame. Hopefully when they are next available we will be able to go over the document with them.
Today I did some more work on my Discrimination powerpoint and Star Wars product.
I found some examples of discrimination in Radio and other media shows. One such example was a Christian radio station that legitimatley thought that homosexuels caused natural disasters.
Otherwise I also did some more work on my Star Wars product. I added a list of features that I would like to see in the final game, as well as updating a few old sections so they were either phrased better or incorperated some of the new information that I had added in the features section.
Over the course of the weekend and today I worked on two different projects, my Star Wars marketing project, in which I had to design a new product based on the Star Wars franchise. On which I decided to create an RTS game.
The second project was the Discrimination unit, in which we had to create a powerpoint showing examples of discrimination in different mediums, such as film and video games. From there we had to create a product to stand against discrimination. I have not yet made the product, though I am quite close to completing the powerpoint so hopefully I can move onto that soon.
Today we had to plan our Star Wars project. Our group came together to discuss the different ideas we had and choose the best one out of them. Harry wanted to do a TV show, while both Stephan and I wanted to create games, though of different genres. I wanted to create an RTS while Stephan wanted to do something more original. The other members in our team were undecided and were fine to do whatever the rest of us decided.
Luckily our group eventually decided to do my project and we got to work. The first course of action was to decide when it was set. We talked a bit about about our favourite moments from the series and discussed how to get the feeling of the massive Star Wars universe across to the player.