Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs

For a while now I’ve been working on a CWACOM project, in the project I had to add my own dub to a scene from the film, this meant deleting the original audio and adding my own, which I did in Logic Pro X.

I recieved some peer feedback for my project and generally people seemed happy with it. Some people thought that some of the dialogue was too loud compared to some of the others and at points the syncing seemed off.

Most people seemed happy with the syncing of the sound effects however as I put a lot of effort into making sure that they matched as perfectly as possible, this was not possible with the dialogue due to errors from the voice actors and a difference in pace

It was rather easy to match up the sound effects, though at time it got a little annoying as there would be a large amount of effects in one area and syncing them all up became a bit of a pain

Sometimes effects would be to quiet or they wouldn’t match up well and it would become really difficult to try and make them louder or make them stand out more. In the end, I found that I couldn’t really get it to work, so I left them as they were. Hopefully people noticed them in the final product.

Overall I am happy with my CWACOM project, there were some things that could have gone better, such as the syncing and sound volume, but despite that I think it went well. If I could change anything it would probably be the time that we went out to get sound effects. I feel that in the end we didn’t get enough a great enough range of sound effects and that ended up harming my final product.

Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs

IProduct

Our latest project was to create an iProduct for Apple. We had to come up with an original idea and try to market it as an actual Apple product, I decided to make a gaming console.

First of all I had to draw a concept of the console in my book, then I had to outline it in black to make it stand out more. I had to write a lot of specs for it as well as what I wanted to include on it.

Then it got scanned into the computer whereupon I had to try and recreate it in Photoshop, during this stage I cut out various things on the product that I didn’t think would fit very well.

I also had to make a questionnaire in order to gather peoples opinions on the product and to discern what needed to change in order to make it successful.

I also had to make a Facebook page and Tweet in order to make it seem official, these were simple photoshops and not actual things.

Once the powerpoint was complete I had to present my product in front of the class, showing off it’s specs and responding to feedback. Overall I think it went quite well and was probably one of the better presentations in the class. Though I wish the concept drawing and photoshops were of a little better quality as I felt they didn’t look good enough.

 

IProduct