Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs

For a while now I’ve been working on a CWACOM project, in the project I had to add my own dub to a scene from the film, this meant deleting the original audio and adding my own, which I did in Logic Pro X.

I recieved some peer feedback for my project and generally people seemed happy with it. Some people thought that some of the dialogue was too loud compared to some of the others and at points the syncing seemed off.

Most people seemed happy with the syncing of the sound effects however as I put a lot of effort into making sure that they matched as perfectly as possible, this was not possible with the dialogue due to errors from the voice actors and a difference in pace

It was rather easy to match up the sound effects, though at time it got a little annoying as there would be a large amount of effects in one area and syncing them all up became a bit of a pain

Sometimes effects would be to quiet or they wouldn’t match up well and it would become really difficult to try and make them louder or make them stand out more. In the end, I found that I couldn’t really get it to work, so I left them as they were. Hopefully people noticed them in the final product.

Overall I am happy with my CWACOM project, there were some things that could have gone better, such as the syncing and sound volume, but despite that I think it went well. If I could change anything it would probably be the time that we went out to get sound effects. I feel that in the end we didn’t get enough a great enough range of sound effects and that ended up harming my final product.

Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs